ADVERTISEMENT


fraud

Commissioner Frantz Pierre indicted for accepting bribes

Commissioner Frantz Pierre indicted for accepting bribes

North Miami Beach Commissioner Frantz Pierre facing bribery charges after allegedly accepting more than $20,000 from the owner of Dean's Gold Strip Club in exchange for voting for a special operating license for the club that would allow them to serve alcohol after-hours.

Commissioner Frantz Pierre (53), the North Miami Beach Commissioner has been accused of bribery charges. The police have arrested him for receiving over $20,000 bribe from Dean Tyler in exchange for voting in favor of a special operating license for the North Miami Beach Dean's Gold Strip Club, allowing the club to serve alcohol after-hours between December 2013 and 2014. It is a great shock to the public to learn that someone they elected is so greedy and dishonest. He used their trust in a way to put money into his own pocket. As per prosecutor's report, Tyler funneled $12,500 directly to Pierre and then $9,865 through a charity called Community Hope for Families and Children in Need, a nonprofit organization run by a woman named Jacqueline Alexi that feed 92 children at Oak Grove Elementary School. Alexis wrote checks to Pierre totaling $5,250.The charges against him include unlawful compensation, organized scheme to defraud and grand theft plus seven counts of money laundering. Pierre was previously removed from office for not attending meetings for six months but later was reinstated.

Investigator report says, Pierre texted Dean Tyler an urgent message: He had been in a car wreck and needed a $7,000 loan, quickly. When told the check was in the mail, Frantz texted back, saying, "Thank you so much. That will not be forgotten." He also received three other checks totaling $5,500.

Corruption is evident in the entire North Miami Beach administration. It would not be fair to blame Pierre alone. The city's past two mayors -- Myron Rosner and George Vallejo faced criminal charges. Vallejo has admitted that the Dezer family, one of the most powerful clan of land developers in the town used to pay regularly Vallejo's wife for years and that Vallejo created multiple shell companies to hide the money.

Permalink | Comments

Partial list of privileges enjoyed by Government officials in Haiti

Partial list of privileges enjoyed by Government officials in Haiti

Haitian Government very generous toward his public servants, not his citizens

Do you know that each Haitian Senator costs Haitian Tax payers: $2,000,000.00 US a year, There are 30 Senator's seats for $60,000,000.00 a year.

The official residence for the Senate Speaker at Thomassin 25, costs the tax payers about $112,500.00 US annually in rent.

Did you know that each Haitian Deputy costs the Government $500,000 US a year. There are 119 deputies for $59,500,000

The residence occupied by the director general of the PNH cost the Haitian State about $96,000 US dollars a year.

The government under the Office of the Prime Minister is composed of the Prime Minister and several Cabinet Ministers. The Prime Minister has an official residence paid by the tax payers. amount unknown. Each minister receives $5,000.00 US monthly for a second residence or $60,000.00 a year. There are 20 Ministers for $1,200,000.00

A news in July recently ignited the social networks that the official residence of Senate Speaker Joseph Lambert at Thomassin 25, is costing 7.2 million gourdes (7,280,000 gourdes) annually. According to Senator Ricard Pierre, Joseph Lambert has paid the rent of his official residence, a sum of about 8 million gourdes for a year. These millions have been taken from the pockets of the poor Haitian citizens through the Senate budget. In response, Senate Speaker Joseph Lambert summoned accredited journalists to Parliament on July 16, 2018 and explained, if the Republic pays for an official residence for the head of state, an official residence for the prime minister, even the chief of police has an official residence, why not one for the president of the National Assembly, who is the second personage of the Republic. Is it not a matter of prestige?"

He justified his statement with a reference by reading the minutes of the Conference of Presidents held on Monday, March 5, 2018. This recording of the minutes was proposed by Artibonite's Carl Murat Cantave in the conference of presidents. Cantave had proposed that the Senate of the Republic should pay for an official residence for its president. His proposal was seconded for validation by Senators "Denis Cadeau, Onondieu Louis, Nawoon Marcellus, Jean Renel Sénatus, Ronald Lareche, Dieudonne Luma Etienne, Richard Lenine Herve Fourcand, Jacques Sauveur Jean, Yurt Latortue, Gracia Delva, Jean Rigaud Belizaire, Jean Marie Ralph Fethiere, Kedlaire Augustin, Saurel Jacinthe and Joseph Lambert. According to Joseph Lambert, these senators unanimously "approved and instructed the office for necessary follow-up". During that conference, Senator Cantave also proposed that the Senate Speaker should have his own procession involving vanguard and rearguard and be preceded by two motorcycles mounted by police officers in uniform. However, Joseph Lambert dismissed that for fear of criticisms.

Permalink | Comments

Clifford Brandt Accused Of Kidnapping Two Moscoso Children

Clifford Brandt Accused Of Kidnapping Two Moscoso Children

What you are looking at is a picture Clifford Brandt as he was detained by Haiti National Police for his involvement in a kidnapping case. The matter is being investigated by Haitian police. Haitian authorities said Clifford Brandt played a central role in the kidnapping of two Moscoso children.

Permalink | Comments

Antoine Rodon Bien Aime accused own party PHTK of fraud

Antoine Rodon Bien Aime accused own party PHTK of fraud

Here is a picture of Antoine Rodon Bien Aime who decided to accuse his own party PHTK of fraud.

Antoine Rodon Bien-Aimée, a deputy of the parliament, who is rumored to have switched from Martelly's PHTK to Jude Celestine's LAPEH Party, has accused the United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) for orchestrating a massive fraud. He has accused the involvement of his own party members from PHTK in the fraud, a party from which he has been elected recently. As per Rodon's allegation, one Canadian citizen named Sylvain Coté, working for UNOPS, changed the ballots while they were being transported from Bureau Electoral Departementaux (BEDs) to the tabulation center in the capital city. Coté is an expert on electoral issues and had served many responsible positions in MINUSTAH, IDB, USAID, OAS, CIDA and NDI before joining UNOPS on electoral logistics. Once he was even a member of a firm belonging to ex-Prime Minister Laurent Lamothe.

Permalink | Comments

Jacceus Joseph, the CEP Member who did not sign

Jacceus Joseph, the CEP Member who did not sign

Here is a picture of CEP member Jaccéus Joseph, the only Member who did not sign the results.

Jacceus Joseph Declines to Approve Election Results. Electoral advisors have approved preliminary election results except Jacceus Joseph. No one knows why he did not validate the results.

Politicians think Joseph did not sign because results went against his ethics. Joseph represents the human rights community, but no one wants to jump to conclusions; they want to hear it straight from Joseph why he did not sign.

National Human Rights Network's Pierre Esperance has not heard from Joseph as to why he declined to sign.

Permalink | Comments

Protest Against Fraud At Haiti Election 2010

Protest Against Fraud At Haiti Election 2010

Here is a picture of the protest that took place in the Haiti election 2010. The population was protesting against fraud and many demanded that the election be cancelled. This did not happen as many organizations stated that the election was valid

In Champ de Mars, thousand of people demonstrated and marched to the presidential palace in Port-au-Prince to demand annulment of the Presidential election.

Permalink | Comments

Protest In Haiti Election 2010 Due To Fraud

Protest In Haiti Election 2010 Due To Fraud

Here is a picture of a massive protest taking place in the Haiti election 2010. The protest against fraud and irregularities in the election.

Many people took the opportunity also to commit acts of violence and vandalism on private properties. We witnessed many cars were broken into, Stores set on fire, and public properties destroyed.

Permalink | Comments

Joseph Hebert Lucien accused by CEP

Joseph Hebert Lucien accused by CEP

Here is a picture of Mr. Joseph Hébert Lucien who was accused by the CEP after the election of August 9, 2015 for leaving his post with materials od the CEP

The Board Department Head of the Provisional Electoral Council (CEP) Mr. Lucien Joseph Hébert who was in charge of the production and distribution of election mandates, has been accused by the CEP for abandoning his post in the CEP with some sensitive CEP materials which were supposed to be used for and distributed before the election. While rejecting the accusation, Joseph Lucien has said, he never fled but submitted his resignation on the midnight of August 8. Regarding the mandates, he has stated that the UNDP (United Nations Development Program) delivered a digital printing machine to the CEP on July 8, 2015, however, the Chairman delivered that device to him on August, 1, only. The CEP was supposed to print a total of 800,000 mandates and production unit badges for political party agents and observers. However, a few days before the election, the CEP did realize that they have only 400,000 copies in hand and the hardware, including printers and inks inputs such card stocks were missing. As it was impossible to print the remaining within a short time before the election, he has been made a scapegoat with the responsibility of the August 9 debacle. He left his office with his laptop bag in the presence of several CEP Officials and he handed over the equipment to the administration through his motorcycle driver, who can testify-- he never disappeared with any CEP documents.

He has said that he is not on the run; he is at home, willing to answer and available to the Haitian justice to clarify the situation despite the fact that the electoral institution has already set prosecution against him. In any case, he knows that justice in the country depends on whether you are powerful or helpless and the court judgments will make you white or black accordingly. He resigned from his post mainly because of threats and pressures from few political parties like the Fusion of Social Democrats and the Consortium of political parties. He intends to file a complaint against the leaders of these political parties.

Permalink | Comments

CEP excludes candidate Ultimo Compere for false information

CEP excludes candidate Ultimo Compere for false information

It appears that former Haitian Senator Ultimo Compère was trying to pull a fast one on the electoral body. However, it did not fly. The CEP has excluded the candidate Ultimo Compère for submitting false information in registering his candidacy.

Ex-senator of Central Department, Ultimo Compere has been dismissed as a candidate for a senate seat by the Provisional Electoral Council (CEP). He is alleged to have given false information to the CEP. He has violated the Electoral Decree and article 209 of the Constitution.

Compere is scheduled to appear in court for his offenses. His removal has brought senate candidates down to 232 male contenders from Central Department.

Permalink | Comments

Frantz St. Fleur suing real estate broker, police for Racial profiling in Toronto

Frantz St. Fleur suing real estate broker, police for Racial profiling in Toronto

Frantz St. Fleur a resident in Toronto Canada, wants to teach his real estate broker and the police they will never forget. He is currently suing them for racial profiling

Toronto man Frantz St. Fleur alleges he was a victim of racial profiling in the case of his April arrest for fraud after trying to cash a check at his long-time bank. St. Fleur went into the Scotiabank branch he'd used for ten years to cash what he says was a refund check of $9,000 for a condo deposit, as the development project had fallen through. He was questioned in a private office before being left there for the police to arrive and arrest him. St. Fleur now sues the police, his real estate broker, and the bank for $250,000.

Permalink | Comments